Monday, April 15, 2013

Books/ Libraries Storytime

 

National Library Week is April 14- April 20 and we are celebrating in storytime with books and songs about reading and visiting the library!  We are also asking the children to color an "I Love My Library" paper shirt to hang on our clothesline in the Children's Department. Stop by the Help Desk to pick up a coloring sheet.

Opening Song: The More We Get Together
*We sign and clap to our opening song.  All Stillwater Public Library storytimes start with this song and the children learn that song means storytime is starting.

Song: The Doors of the Library (to the tune of "The wheels on the bus")

The library doors go open shut, open shut, open shut
The library doors go open shut, all through the day

The children in the library sit and read, sit and read, sit and read
The children in the library sit and read all through the day

The computer users go tap, tap, tap: tap, tap, tap: tap, tap, tap
The computer users go tap, tap, tap, all through the day

The doves in the library sing and sing, sing and sing, sing and sing
The doves in the library sing and sing, all through the day


Book: Lola at the Library by Anna McQuinn

Rhyme: I Wiggle

I wiggle, wiggle, wiggle my fingers,
I wiggle, wiggle, wiggle my toes,
I wiggle, wiggle, wiggle my shoulders,
I wiggle, wiggle, wiggle my nose,
Now no more wiggles are left in me
So I will be as still as I can be.



Book: Check It Out! Reading, Finding, Helping by Patricia Hubbell

Song: READ (to the tune of "Row, row, row your boat")

Read, read, read a book
Travel anywhere,
Worldwide, you decide,
A book will take you there.

Read, read, read a book
Beginning to the end,
What a way to spend the day,
A book is a special friend.



Book: The Best Place to Read by Debbie Bertram & Susan Bloom

Craft:
Bookmarks & I love my library paper T-shirts

Print and color at home using these links:
http://www.dltk-kids.com/type/printable_bookmarks.htm
http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/free_printable_bookmarks.htm

Other books to check out:
Inside the Books: Readers and Libraries Around the World by Toni Buzzeo
There's a Dragon in the Library by Dianne De las Casas
Wild about Books by Judy Sierra


Beyond storytime: 
http://mamascouts.blogspot.com/2012/12/25-mini-adventures-in-library.html

http://mail.americanlibrariesmagazine.org/atyourlibrary/connectwithyourkids/game/fun-games-your-library


No comments:

Post a Comment