Tuesday, September 10, 2013

All About Me! Storytime





Opening Song: The More We Get Together
*We sing and clap to our opening song.  All Stillwater Public Library story times start with this song and the children learn that song means story time is starting.

The more we get together
Together, together
The more we get together
The happier we'll be
Cause your friends are my friends
And my friends are your friends
The more we get together
The happier we'll be.



Book: I Like Me by Nancy Carlson

Rhyme: I have a Nose
On my face I have a nose, (point to nose)
And way down here I have ten toes. (Point to toes)
I have two eyes that I can blink. (Blink eyes)
I have a head to help me think. (Hand on head)
I have a chin and very near, (Point to chin)
I have two ears to help me hear. (Hands on ears)
I have a mouth with which to speak. (Point to mouth)
And when I run I use my feet. (Tap feet on floor)
Here are my arms to hold up high, (Arms held high)
And here's a hand to wave good-bye. (Wave)



Book: Parts by Tedd Arnold

Song: Head, shoulders, knees, and toes



Book: Here Are My Hands by Bill Martin Jr and John Archambault

Rhyme: Touch Your Nose
Touch your nose, touch your chin,
That's the way this game begins.
Touch your eyes, touch your knees,
Now pretend you feel a breeze. (Blow gently)
Touch your hair, touch one ear,
Touch your two red lips right here.
Touch your elbows where they bend,
That's the way this touch game ends.



Craft: An All About Me booklet. Our booklet noted name, age, hair and eye color, trace hand & foot, and favorite color.
To make at home, print out sheets from these sites or create your own on blank paper:
http://www.dltk-kids.com/crafts/miscellaneous/all_about_me.htm
http://www.kidprintables.com/allaboutme/

Beyond Storytime: Have you heard about the Wondertorium's Developmental Screening? Find out more at http://www.okwondertorium.org/index.php?option=com_eventbooking&task=view_event&event_id=92&Itemid=523

Other books to checkout: 
I Love You Just the Way You Are by Virginia Miller
Hello Toes! Hello Feet! by Ann Whitford Paul
Me I Am! by Jack Prelutsky

No comments:

Post a Comment