Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's Day Storytime




Happy Valentine's Day

Opening Song: The More We Get Together 

*We sing and clap to our opening song.  All Stillwater Public Library story times start with this song and the children learn that song means story time is starting.



Song: If you Love Me and You Know It (tune: If your happy and you know it)
If you love me and you know, Clap your hands....
Say I "I Love You"
Blow a kiss
Give a hug 



Finger Play: Make a Heart
I put my hands together,
this is how i start;
I curve my fingers right around
and I can make a Heart! 


Book: Never Too Little to Love by Jeanne Willis (Storyhour book)


Craft: Heartful Pig. Using a large pink heart for the face, small pink hearts for the ears and nose create a pig face for a Valentine's card.  "Hogs and Kiss for you!"


 Other Books to Checkout:
Will You Be My Valenswine? by Teresa Bateman

No comments:

Post a Comment